3 3
kgord

Cat or Dog

It is time to ask the timeless question..Are you are a cat or a dog person? I honestly have to answer both, I really like both cats and dogs. However, if I had to choose just one it would be cats. I just like their independent demeanor. Cats are also great because they can be left alone for  awhile, and don't need to be walked. They are great pets if you work a lot or live in an apartment. They really like their people too!

• Like 1

I would have to take dog as I'm the type of person that really have good time with some cute dogs that my uncle have. I always try as much as I can to visit his family every weekend to see the dogs and play with them. I just like being with playful and happy dog for I've come to develop a connection with dogs. This is not that I hate dogs that much, but the thing is that I'm okay with dogs than staying with a cat. 

My family owned both dogs and cats, but I am more comfortable to have dogs as my companions than cats. Cats are cute but they are hot headed and some cats don't want to be cuddled not like dogs. Dogs are always game to everything you want to do. Dogs are also great companions and not boring to be with. And Dog are very loyal, protective,and always ready to help it's owner. This some of the reason why I like dogs so much, as the matter of fact, I don't treat dogs as pets, I treat dogs as part of my family. 

I have two dogs and one stray cat. But I love my dogs more because I can play and hug them. My dogs follow my instructions and some tricks so somehow there's a communication between my dogs and me unlike my cat he doesn't listen to me he has his own world. And I'm kind of afraid of cats because I might get clawed if they're not in the mood. But what I admired most in cats they're very independent they don't need much of attention. 

• Like 1

I love Dog, because they are so lovely and jolly. Maybe Cats also were lovely and jolly,but I'd rather choose dog. I don't know, but I don't like the smell of the cats. I hate the smell of the cat, specially when they stay inside the house,just like my friends house. No offense to those who has a cat. I love dogs, because they like stuffed toys. I can cuddle them, hug them. They are truly man's best friend.

I think I like dogs better because they are such a good companion. They can be trained easily. I also like how they welcome you when you arrive home. It is like they are also a child who missed you. They are such a sweet, loving and protective buddies.

On 3/2/2018 at 3:12 PM, jaclynkate said:

I love Dog, because they are so lovely and jolly. Maybe Cats also were lovely and jolly,but I'd rather choose dog. I don't know, but I don't like the smell of the cats. I hate the smell of the cat, specially when they stay inside the house,just like my friends house. No offense to those who has a cat. I love dogs, because they like stuffed toys. I can cuddle them, hug them. They are truly man's best friend.

The connection that I have towards dogs is what  will make me choose them over and over again. The thing with dogs is that you get to feel that friendly nature of them which they can show easily unlike the car is more of a having that reserved attitude. 

That's a very hard thing for me to decide. I've grown up with both and love the different type of animals they both can be. Yet, I think when it comes down to it at the end of the day I'd likely choose a dog over a cat. I'm the type of person who needs companionship, love and energy at the end of the day and though cats can provide that, in my experience, they don't readily provide it as much as canines. I own 1 rescue wildcat, 2 dogs of my own, my girlfriend has a dog, and I'm looking into adopting another for our family.

Follow up question; any exotic animal lovers in the house?

I used to love dogs a lot more but lately my preference and affection changed towards cats. I don't know the reason for this but it's just how it is with me between dogs and cats as of this moment. 

• Like 1

I can’t pick, I love both dogs and cats. My cat Pascal acts just like a dog, though. 

This is tough, because I have both a cat and dog, and I love them both very much! I like different thing about each breed of animal, too. I like that my dog always wants to be around me when I'm home and is genuinely happy to see me and play with me. however, the downside is that I can't leave him home alone (he's a Siberian husky, so he tears up the house if I leave him out), which means I need to take him to doggy daycare while I'm at work, which can get expensive. And that's what I like about my cat so much: she's independent. I just need to leave her with a clean litterbox, food and water and she's good. She's still lovable and wants to spend time with, but only at her desire.

Ever since I really love dogs no matter what. Since I was a kid I took care of dogs with different breeds. I don't know why or I don't know how but every time I see dogs I feel connected to them. I feel sorry for those dogs that have bad owners or very irresponsible owners. That's is why I really signed the petition about the Yulin Festival in China because month of June is coming now and I really hate it. Every time I see someone beating or killing the dogs it ripped my heart so much. One of my goals is to put up a shelter for dogs even for cats and put up or build a non government organization that would help to rescue dogs and give them a new life to live.

My family has been with dogs for decades, which sums up my choice. Although i have nothing against cats, i just prefer dogs because of my experience with them. My family has been preserving bloodlines of our dogs, this means all the dogs we have at home comes from dogs that have been in the family ever since. We love our dogs they are family to us.

I'm going to choose man's best friend. Dogs are more playful than cats and we can feel more comfortable to cuddle than Cats. Back on December 21-2013; we had a Dog who's name is Jovani. He's my bestfriend from elementary to my secondary school days. He makes me feel happy whenever I'm alone in our house and He plays with me by throw-fetch game. I cleaned Him up everyday and We took bath together. I'm so sad when the time comes that He should rest because He's too old. I'm happy with Him but when the time the He passed away, I'm struggling to sleep; I want Him to lay down with me on my bed but He can't do it anymore. I think that GOD created Dog and Cats to make us happy and feel safe. But I choose Dogs than Cats because they are more friendly.

• Like 1

I used to be more of a dog person, but not so much these days. It isn't to say that I don't love dogs, as I believe that they're called man's best friend for a good reason, but I just like cats a little bit more.

Simply put, as wonderful as they are, I still find dogs to be pretty annoying. They always want to play and are in your face all the time, they need to be walked several times a day or else they poop/pee in the house, and if you live in a neighborhood with lots of dogs, the barking can really get on your nerves. There is nothing worse than finally falling asleep only to be awoken by the incessant barking of the neighborhood dogs.

I suppose that what I'm trying to say is I prefer cats because they require far less maintenance, are more self reliant, and are generally less noisy (except during mating season, that's another nightmare). My cat keeps me company without asking for the constant care and attention the way a dog does. Having a cat is like having a chill roommate more than a pet. Except they don't pay rent and sometimes knock your things over for no reason.